Saturday, September 21, 2013

6th Grade Descriptive Writing!

Our amazing sixth grade authors have moved on to creating descriptive pieces. Descriptive writing shows rather than tells while creating a vivid visual for the reader. Check out these pieces that were written in cooperative learning groups on Thursday. I am looking forward to hearing their descriptive pieces on Tuesday in class.

I am fluffy and white. I taste so sweet to eat. You use me around campfires along with my friends. I am squishy and soft with a powdery taste. Can you guess what I am? Marshmallow

Written by Lexi, Emma D and Patrick

I was made in a factory in New York City, NY in 1912. My name is Joe and I was stuck together with another one of my kind with gloopy paste. I am waterproof. You see me everyday. I was smashed by a child throwing random objects at his little, red house. When you think of me, you think I am red. I am a brick!

Written by Elizabeth, Macy and Graham

I love tires. I am from Italy and have a job of changing tires. My color on me is blue and I live in a small town. I usually say "pit stop" to my customers. I am a car and I have customers that are cars. My name is Guido! 

Written by Anna, Emma and Parker


No comments:

Post a Comment